Our free, monthly Vitamin D clinic is available to children from all communities with low Vitamin D levels.
We will review and treat individual Vitamin D levels to ensure bone growth.
Vitamin D is essential for strong bones, muscles and general health. It is crucial for bone and muscle development.
Low Vitamin D can increase risk of:
- Bone and muscle pain
- Soft and weakened bones in children
- Weak and fragile bones in older adults
Some people have a higher risk of low Vitamin D levels as the pigment in the skin acts as a filter to light from the sun and reduces the amount of Vitamin D that the body makes.
Our doctors in this clinic are:
- Dr Ingrid Laemmle-Ruff (RCH Fellow)
- Dr Siobhan Mullane (FRACP, MBBS, MA Public Health, B.MedSci), Paediatrician
- Dr Anthea Rhodes (Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, The Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Paediatric and Child Health Division, Australia, MMBS), Paediatrician
This service is bulk-billed for all eligible medicare card holders. You will need a referral from your doctor (General Practitioner). Contact us today to make an appointment.