When you first arrive in Australia we will help you and your family get the health care and support you need.
Refugee Medical Clinic
We have a free, specialist medical clinic for newly arrived Refugees and Asylum Seekers that offers long appointments and assistance in understanding and navigating the healthcare and social support system in Australia.
Doctor: Dr Lester Mascarenhas (MBchB), General Practitioner (Refugee Health)
Address: Your Community Health PANCH Health Centre, 300 Bell Street, Preston, VIC 3072
Opening hours: Thursdays, 9am – 5pm
You do not need a referral.
Refugee Nursing services
Our Refugee Health Nurse can provide:
- A health assessment for you and your family
- An interpreter at your health appointments
- Help to understand your rights to confidential health care
- Help with how to prevent illness and promote good health
- Links to other support services, including housing, employment and Centrelink
- Understanding the health care system in Victoria