Our Speech Pathologists work with children aged 0 to 6 years (before the child starts at school).
A Speech Pathologist may be able to offer advice if your child is:
- having difficulties following instructions
- not using words by 18 months of age
- not joining two words together by two years of age
- hard to understand by three years of age
- using a nasal, loud or hoarse voice
We provide the following services:
- individual and group therapy programs
- home practice ideas and support for parents
- secondary consultation (to kinder teachers, doctors, maternal and child health nurses)
- individualised programs for kindergartens with School Readiness funding
What happens at the first appointment?
We want to try to get to know your child as well as you do. At the first appointment we will:
- Talk with you about what your child is good at and your concerns about your child’s development, whilst your child plays.
- Assess your child’s skills (through play and activities).
- Work with you to develop a plan.
Who can use our services?
This service is available for children who are six and under, and not yet in school. Contact us today to make an appointment.
Children who are waiting, for or receiving supports through Early Childhood Early Intervention or National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) are not eligible for this service.
- Are you unsure about what your child should be doing at their age? These communications milestones by Speech Pathology Australia may help you know what to expect.
- Tips on reading with your child
- Stuttering – information sheet
- Helping your baby to talk – information sheet
- Raising bilingual children – information sheet
- The sound of speech: 0-3 years – information sheet
- The sound of speech: Preschool and school aged children – information sheet