The adult Speech Pathology service is for adults with disability who have communication and/or swallowing impairments.
This includes people who:
- cannot speak or have speech that is difficult to understand
- have difficulties understanding
- have cognitive-communication difficulties
- have difficulties with eating, drinking, swallowing
- have difficulties managing saliva (drooling)
This could include adults with developmental disability (e.g. cerebral palsy, intellectual disability), acquired brain injury, stroke, traumatic brain injury, progressive neurological conditions or dementia.
At the initial appointment we meet with you (and a key support person if appropriate) to discuss the areas of communication or swallowing that are of concern to you and how we can assist.
We offer the following services:
- individual and group therapy
- training for carers and support workers
- community education
Our services are also available via the NDIS.
We are pleased to offer free or low cost services to many clients. Fees are assessed based on income.