We will help keep you physically well and mobile to live the independent, active life you want.
Your Community Health Physiotherapists have an advanced understanding of how the body moves and what keeps it from moving well. Our staff specialise in different issues and solutions that you and your family may face at different times of your lives.
These services are conveniently available at our East Reservoir, Northcote and PANCH (Preston) Health Centres.
These services are available to everyone.
Our specialist services may be of additional benefit to the following groups.
Children aged six years and under
We offer specialist help for babies and preschool children. They may be referred to Physiotherapy when:
- babies find it hard to control head and neck movements, turn their head to both sides or have a flat spot on their head
- children are not reaching milestones such as rolling, sitting, crawling, walking
- children have bow legs, knock knees, flat feet affecting their movement skills
- children have difficulty with motor skills such as running, balancing, hopping, catching and climbing
- children experience pain or discomfort during or after physical activity
We offer a specialist physiotherapy service to pregnant and post-natal women with musculoskeletal problems. Individual appointments will include localised treatment and exercises along with education about posture and self-care to prevent the reoccurrence of problems.
Physiotherapy can assist with a number of issues including musculoskeletal problems, pain, balance and mobility. Following assessment at an individual appointment, treatment may include localised therapy, exercise, self-management, education and referral to groups.
We are pleased to offer free or low cost services to many clients. Fees are assessed based on income. See our Fees Policy for more information or talk to your Physiotherapist.